About the client:
Our client is a multi-national insurance company that specializes in providing insurance to businesses in industries such as manufacturing, transportation and security. With more than $20 Billion dollars of annual revenue and $70 Billion dollars of assets, they are an extremely stable and highly regarded organization.
About the role:
The Sr. Developer is responsible for working with the development team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications. This individual will work with the System Owner to provide feedback and suggestions for process and product improvement.
With a strong grounding in .net and C#, the Sr. Developer works with the team and with architects to design and code technical solutions.
- Establish and apply standard design/integration patterns including new/complex solutions
- Work with team members to research, define and execute system design for projects
- Frequently interact with peers on cross-functional matters
- Performs other related duties and activities as required
Skills and Qualifications:
Expert level knowledge of:
- C# and .net Core frameworks
- Relational and non-relational databases
- Entity framework: code and data first approaches
- Microservices and design patterns
- Deploying code through CI/CD pipelines
- Hosting applications in AWS
- UI/UX design patterns and workflows for a rich customer experience
Senior level knowledge of:
- MVC .net Core applications
- Restful Web Api’s
- SASS/CSS and creating customizable style templates
- Writing skills
- Distributed Source Code Management (GitLabs)
- Defining Development Standards & Best Practices
- Analytical thinking to breakdown and work through situations or problems
- Ability to apply Root Cause Analysis to resolve issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with Customers and Partners
- Ability to manage time to effectively meet deadlines
- Ability to operate independently with minimal guidance
Bachelor’s Degree and/or 8+ years of equivalent development experience
Solid understanding of agile delivery methodologies.
An enthusiastic and positive attitude
An entrepreneurial spirit and strategic thinker
The ability to be creative and “think outside of the box”
Good written and spoken English.
Flexible schedule (Some hours of overlap with PST is required).
Free lunch, tea, coffee, cookies.
Company sponsored events.
English classes in our office.
Waiting for your resume.