The Backend Team Lead is one of the most unique and satisfying jobs in all of IoT. You are the team lead for the backend team that acts as a bridge between sensors, users, and infrastructure. You will work with stakeholders by designing solutions for complex and unique problems. Primary responsibilities include developing backend services in Go; working with noSQL and SQL environments; using git, docker, and CI/CD tools. Manages backend developers to help build and maintain scalable and deployable solutions.
In the order of importance, please list the major tasks or duties performed regularly to fulfill the basic function of the position. Begin each accountability with an action verb (e.g., manages, implements, develops, evaluates, negotiates, determines). In most circumstances, there should not be more than 8 major accountabilities.
- Helps manage and lead up the backend developers – providing them with feedback and guidance that will aid in the growth of their skills and the team as a whole
- Perform as a key player on a team of highly talented software developers
- Run back-end team meetings on a regular basis
- Perform code and design review
- Build software in the measure by enterprise cloud platform that provides backend services such as hardware data and gestures and parsers for both first party and third-party devices
- Architects, designs, and leads technical operations processes such as production software updates and other production resources requiring a high level of quality and redundancy
- Maintaining the uptime of our production products by debugging and troubleshooting software and backend services
- Document software, work, and future plans in a way that allows for reproducibility, communication, and transparency. Assist with long-term technical planning